Grants are available to registered charities based in the Rock FM broadcast area in Lancashire for projects that aim to help children and young people (aged 18 years and younger) who are sick, disabled or disadvantaged.
- Current Status
- Open for Applications
- Maximum value:
Objectives of Fund
Cash for Kids exists for the sole purpose of helping children aged 18 or under.
Average grants awarded are approximately £3000. Larger grants will only be considered in very limited circumstances.
Who Can Apply
Registered charities based in the Rock FM broadcast area in Lancashire can apply. (A map of eligible areas can be found in the application form.)
Applications made on the behalf of individual children who live in the Rock FM broadcast area must be supported by a registered charity who will agree to accept a cheque on behalf of the individual.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- National groups or charities (unless a national group has a local project in the area).
- Any group or organisation with political affiliations.
- Any application that cannot demonstrate genuine need.
- Volunteer expenses.
- Home improvements (windows and doors/extensions).
- Holidays abroad for families.
- Furniture that will not be used specifically by children.
- School trips abroad.
- General operational costs.
- Rent/rates for premises.
- Driving lessons for parents/carers.
- Medical treatment abroad.
- Sporting events in which individuals will participate.
- Community Interest Companies (CICs).
Projects should be helping children who are:
- Suffering mental, physical or sensory disabilities.
- Suffering behavioural or psychological disorders.
- Living in severe poverty or situations of deprivation.
- Suffering distress, abuse or neglect.
Favourable consideration will be given to those projects which directly benefit a number/large number of children and/or positively increase the quality of their lives.
How To Apply
Applications may be submitted at any time throughout the year.
The Trustees meet at least twice a year. Dates of the meetings can be confirmed by calling the Charity Administrator.
Application forms can be found on the Rock FM website.