Fylde and Wyre Sites
Full time – 37.5 hours per Week
£18,638.54 to £19,650.56
*6 Months Contract*
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an
opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking
individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and
We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and
welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping
children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their
self esteem and potential in new ways.
On a daily basis you will be carrying out routine maintenance and reactive repairs on the buildings,
including leisure centres, swimming pools and residential properties.
You will be required to travel to our sites across Fylde & Wyre, so a full valid driving licence is
The main duties will include:
– Carrying out general maintenance repairs across a multi – site business within a small
maintenance team as directed by work order tracking system, and/or line manager
– To work to a Planned Preventative maintenance system.
– To undertake a range of maintenance works, including plumbing, joinery, minor building
works, minor electrical works and minor decoration works.
– Carrying out maintenance and repair works within a commercial swimming pool environment
– Carry out periodic checks of all areas for items requiring attention, particularly light fittings,
toilets/kitchens and all doors/barriers/shutters, ensuring all exits and walkways are kept free
– Report all proactive works via work order tracking system, as confirmation/receipt of request
– Escalate any faults or issues outside of competence to line manager
– Report daily activity to line manager and provide financial information on reactive spend
– Be compliant with relevant health and safety legislation/guidelines and ensure compliance
with these at all times. Escalate any breaches to line manager in an appropriate timeframe.
– Liaise with contractors/sub-contractors as indicated by line manager and report job completion
via work order tracking system.
– Ad hoc requests from line manager as required
– Some out of hours working may be required as requested by the business
To the successful candidate we offer:
• 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
• Flexible working environment
• Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
• An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your
• Free gym membership
• The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the
Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures.
• Job Share will also be considered
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Friday 22nd June 2018 by 3:00pm. Applications submitted
and/or received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to
contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted
within 5 working days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this
Fylde and Wyre Sites