YMCA Fylde Coast Programme Team
One year fixed-term contract; Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
£23,865 per annum
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest
potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role
in changing people’s lives and therefore communities.
We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved
and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of
ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self esteem and potential in new ways.
This role is about creating relationships with senior staff at local schools and enabling partnerships to be developed,
focussed on the provision of a range of YMCA programmes that can assist in the holistic development of children and
You will also interact with parents, carers and children, building rapport within the family dynamic and provide a range
of activities based around family participation, enhancing the relationship with YMCA Fylde Coast.
The main duties will include:
• To make initial contact and facilitate meetings with school Headteachers and Business Managers.
• To establish and co-ordinate a range YMCA programmes and services across both curriculum and extracurricular
activities within the school environment and YMCA Fylde Coast facilities.
• To organise and monitor delivery of YMCA services in schools, ensuring all activities are delivered to the
highest standards whilst demonstrating excellent safeguarding practice at all times.
• To gather, analyse and produce monitoring and evaluation reports to feedback to partners.
• To communicate effectively with the family groups throughout the educational establishments, using a range of
• To co-ordinate, plan and attend a range of family-based activities and events to promote physical activity
services and programmes, particularly targeting those who do not currently take part in regular sporting
• To work in partnership with leisure facility Managers to embed and promote family-based activities into YMCA
the programmes, develop a YMCA Family events programme and contribute to the development of a YMCA
Family approach to service delivery.
To the successful candidate we offer:
• 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
• Flexible working environment
• Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
• An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
• Free gym membership
• The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal
• Job Share will also be considered
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Monday 25th June 2018 by 3.00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after
this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are
successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days of the closing date, then please
presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
YMCA Fylde Coast Programme Team