Fixed term contract to 31st March 2019
Full-time – 37.5 hours per week
£18,638 Per Annum
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to
reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking individuals who are
inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities.
We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to
get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and
seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self esteem and potential in new
As Youth and Family Support Worker you will provide a range of interventions for children and young
The main duties will include:
• To work with children and young people on a one to one basis to identify, assess and explore
any emotional/mental health and wellbeing issues that may affect their ability to live happy and
• To offer a range of interventions
• To work in partnership with others, to support and enable young people to achieve emotional
health and wellbeing.
• Undertake activities, including home visits, outreach, to make contact and engage referred
children, young people and families.
• To co-ordinate and follow up on all support plan activities, liaising with other agencies such as
schools, voluntary and statutory services as required.
• To ensure the service meets the needs of parents /carers and children and young people and
balances emotional health and family wellbeing with that of safeguarding (child protection).
• With the Team Manager, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the service
• Be aware of the safeguarding policy and procedure for children and vulnerable adults and
ensure that the safeguarding of children and young people is given the highest priority in the
To the successful candidate we offer:
• 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
• Flexible working environment
• Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
• An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
• The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast
YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures.
• Job Share will also be considered
For an application pack on the above role, please e-mail [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Monday 25th June 2018 by 3pm. Applications received after this
time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of application we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact
candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage, if you have not been contacted within 5 days of the
closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.