Youth and Family Support Worker
Fixed term contract to 31st March 2019
Part-time – 15 hours per week
£18,638 Pro Rata
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities.
We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self esteem and potential in new ways.
As Youth and Family Support Worker you will provide a range of interventions for children and young people.
The main duties will include:
- • To work with children and young people on a one to one basis to identify, assess and explore any emotional/mental health and wellbeing issues that may affect their ability to live happy and healthy lives.
- • To offer a range of interventions
- • To work in partnership with others, to support and enable young people to achieve emotional health and wellbeing.
- • Undertake activities, including home visits, outreach, to make contact and engage referred children, young people and families.
- • To co-ordinate and follow up on all support plan activities, liaising with other agencies such as schools, voluntary and statutory services as required.
- • To ensure the service meets the needs of parents /carers and children and young people and balances emotional health and family wellbeing with that of safeguarding (child protection).
- • With the Team Manager, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the service
- • Be aware of the safeguarding policy and procedure for children and vulnerable adults and ensure that the safeguarding of children and young people is given the highest priority in the work undertaken.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- • 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- • Flexible working environment
- • Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- • An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
- • The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures.
- • Job Share will also be considered
For an application pack on the above role, please e-mail [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 22nd August 2018 by 3pm. Applications received after this time will not be considered.