St. Annes YMCA Pool and Gym
Full Time-37.5 hours per week Up to 24 years – National Minimum Wage Rate of £7.38 / hour
25 years and over – National Living Wage Rate of £7.83 / hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities.
We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self-esteem and potential in new ways.
The main duties will include:
- To interact with the public responsibly and welcome all users of the facilities, promoting a positive image of the facility by the provision of high quality customer service.
- To comply with the Pool Safe Operating Procedures at all times.
- To maintain a vigilant watch of the swimming pool areas in accordance with the operating procedures and take necessary action to ensure the safety of all pool users and staff.
- To check the safety of equipment in areas of responsibility and report any damage or malfunction of equipment, plant or building fabric to the Duty Manager or General Manager immediately after discovery.
- To carry out general cleaning duties of the pool and surrounding environment
- To ensure that a consistently high level of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained throughout the facilities at all times
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Monday 27th August 2018 by 3:00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.