Housing Support Worker
YMCA Supported Housing Fixed term contract to 31st March 2019
Full-time – 37.5 hours per week
Job Share Considered
£8.83 per hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities.
We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self-esteem and potential in new ways.
YMCA Housing works in collaboration with service users that are in crisis by enabling them to secure and maintain a safe place to stay. Positive emotional and mental health and wellbeing is fundamental to the growth and development of an individual, as such YMCA offers a holistic approach, supporting service users to better manage and improve their situation and to develop the confidence and skills to maintain independent living.
We are looking to recruit a Housing Support Worker to work within the Supported Housing scheme. The successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for providing housing management support to service users of the scheme to ensure they have the relevant information and support to successfully manage their accommodation.
The position will include evening and weekend work, a flexible approach is essential. Previous administration experience is essential for this position and applicants should be educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
The main duties will include:
- To complete sign-ups with service users commencing the service, including full induction and application for Housing Benefit.
- Support service users to effectively manage their rent accounts, ensuring that housing benefit entitlement is secured.
- Be responsible for conducting weekly accommodation checks with service users and reporting and managing repairs to the accommodation.
- Support service users to develop understanding of their rights and responsibilities in a Tenancy and develop skills to effectively manage their accommodation.
- Monitor and update application process to ensure that applicants and service users are informed about the service and their responsibilities for the accommodation.
- Be responsible for the sale of tokens to service users and correct financial reporting.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
- The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures.
For an application pack on the above role, please e-mail [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 28th August 2018 by 3pm. Applications received after this time will not be considered.