Recreational Assistant/Cleaner x2 vacancies
YMCA Thornton Part Time – 20 hours
Up to 24 years – National Minimum Wage Rate of £7.38 / hour
25 years and over – National Living Wage Rate of £7.83 / hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities.
We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
Based at Thornton Health and Fitness centre you will have the ability to work in a team as well as on your own. To assist in the smooth and orderly running of the centre and to ensure at all times that the work undertaken is of the highest standard. You will be asked to work mornings, evening’s and weekends.
The main duties will include:
- Preparation of rooms so that all events, activities and classes take place.
- To maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of all rooms, furniture and equipment.
- Deep clean public areas including showers and changing facilities.
- To be polite, courteous and helpful to all users of the building.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Friday 31st August 2018 by 3:00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.