Recreation Assistant – x2 Vacancies
As & When Required – 8 Hours
Up to 24 years – National Minimum Wage Rate of £7.38 / hour
25 years and over – National Living Wage Rate of £7.83 / hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities.
We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
We are seeking a pro-active, customer focused Recreation Assistant to assist with promoting our Centre and to improve our customers experience through your excellent face-to-face communication skills. You should be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team, with customer service skills that can deliver exceptional results for. You will assist in the smooth and orderly running of the centre and ensure at all times that the work undertaken is of the highest standard, working across morning, evening and weekend shifts.
The main duties will include:
- Preparation of rooms so that all events, activities and classes take place
- To assist covering reception duties
- Cash Handling and Banking
- To maintain a reasonable level of behaviour by members and users
- To be polite, courteous and helpful to all users of the building
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Friday 31st August 2018 by 3:00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.