As & When Required
£10.82 per hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities.
We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
We are seeking highly motivated Skate coaches to deliver skate sessions in schools, our YMCA centres. Candidates must have a recognised NGB Level 2 coaching certificate or above.
You will need exceptional face-to-face communication skills and an enthusiasm to work with children. You should be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team with customer service skills that can deliver exceptional results for our AIR Skate Coaching department.
The main duties will include:
- Planning and delivering high quality skate sessions
- Making sessions age appropriate with the emphasis being on fun
- Carrying out all activities in a safe manner
- Ensuring children are signed in and out of your care by parent/guardian
- To maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of all rooms, furniture and equipment.
- Producing accurate assessments and reports on the children/young people and the sessions
- Ensure sustainability and growth of the AIR Skate programme.
- Understanding the ethos of the YMCA
- Ability to risk assess
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Tuesday 25th September 2018 by 3:00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.