Manager – YMCA Thornton
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week £26,535.86 per annum
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities.
We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
As Manager of YMCA Thornton you will nurture the unity of FCYMCA ensuring a high-level service delivery which captures the essence of the Mission and Vision of the organisation, in supporting young people and their communities You will provide leadership to the staff operating in the YMCA Thornton, developing and enhancing services that engage the local community in a financially sustainable framework.
The main duties will include:
- To manage the centre’s operations, including the efficient conduct of financial, human resources and information management.
- Ensure the financial viability of the centre, by striving to achieve the targets set.
- To be an effective member of the YMCA Management Team and ensure all areas of responsibility comply with all corporate and statutory requirements.
- To assist the Senior Manager – Physical Activity in the development and implementation of operational strategies, plans and policies for achieving the objectives of the Association, consistent with its mission and values.
- Liaison with the Senior Manager Physical Activity on legal, financial, staffing, and procedural matters.
- To oversee the project development of identified programmes and activities for all YMCA physical activity centres.
- To develop partnerships with voluntary, commercial and other relevant community organisations.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Monday 1st October 2018 by 9.00am. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.