Now’s the Time is the second programme from the Justice and Equality Fund managed by Rosa. The programme aims to amplify the voices of individuals and groups who are calling for an end to sexual harassment and abuse, in their workplaces and in their communities.
The Justice and Equality Fund aims to bring an end to the culture of harassment, abuse and impunity by resourcing an expert network of advice, support and advocacy organisations and projects. Inspired by the phenomenal campaigners of #metoo, TIME’s UP, Ni Nunca Mas, the #lifeinleggings movements and others, a group of UK-based women from the entertainment industry have come together to challenge the culture that permits people in positions of power to sexually harass and abuse others.
We want to resource imaginative, collaborative and creative grassroots activism so we are asking organisations to partner up and apply by answering the question: What would you do towards ending sexual harassment in work places and in communities? We will only accept partnership applications to this, the large grant programme. You can apply for a grant over one to three years and we want to fund:
- Prevention work
- Awareness raising activities
- Imaginative and creative grassroots activism
- Influencing work
- Work with groups and communities who might face additional barriers to getting their voices heard, or might be at higher risk of sexual harassment and abuse to amplify those voices
- Work that tries out new ideas
- Work that replicates tried and tested approaches in new settings
- Work that others can learn from
We are particularly keen to see cross-sector partnerships where the expertise of specialist voluntary sector organisations at the forefront of this work is shared with others to help drive broader change.
How to apply
It is important that you read our programme guidance and application guidance as both go into further detail about the criteria for applying along with the aims and deadlines for the programme.
We will be hosting two ‘How to Apply’ webinars which will introduce you to the Justice and Equality Fund and take you through the fund’s Now’s the Time (large grants) programme, offering guidance on making an application. Please register to attend by clicking on your preferred date:
You must then complete an online application form with key questions explaining:
- What you and your partner(s) does
- How you would use a grant
- Why you want to take this approach
- What you expect to learn from this work and how will you share learning
- Your track record in this field
Closing date: Friday 14th December 2018 at 5pm
Assessment: If your application is shortlisted you can expect to hear from us to discuss your application as part of our assessment process.
When will you hear the outcome: Mid March 2019
Still unsure? We’d like to talk to you! Please email us to request a chat and one of our team will get back to you.
Contact us: [email protected]