37.5 Hours per week – 2-year Fixed-term contract £7,215 Per Annum
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities.
We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self esteem and potential in new ways.
You will be employed in an Apprentice Maintenance Operative role and will study the Level 2 Maintenance Operations qualification in the workplace to gain the underpinning skills and knowledge required to operate effectively in the role.
The work-based qualification combines competence and theoretical knowledge to give learners the practical competence, skills and sector related knowledge to undertake the job.
As an Apprentice Maintenance Operative you will provide support to various tradesmen within the maintenance team as well as working independently carrying out remedial repairs and planned work across the organisation.
The main duties will include:
- • To assist the Maintenance Team wherever necessary across the organisation, undertaking a range of tasks including joinery, plumbing, building works, plastering, minor decoration works, minor flooring works, minor electrical works and other general duties.
- • To work to a Planned Preventative Maintenance System across a range of environments.
- • To carry out unplanned remedial works efficiently across a multi-site operation.
- • To use all Information Technology effectively, such as Microsoft office and AMIS maintenance software.
- • To ensure workspaces are kept clear and health & safety regulations are met.
- • To plan and work out quantities of material required before undertaking works, liaising with suppliers and picking up materials.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- • 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- • Flexible working environment
- • Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- • An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
- • Free gym membership
- • The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures.
- • Job Share will also be considered
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Friday 19th October 2018 by 3:00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.