Part-Time – 20 Hours per week £8.83 per hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
Based at Poulton YMCA, you will need to possess high standards with a customer focussed mind-set along with excellent organisational skills. You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a team as well as on your own with flexible working hours, which may include evenings and weekends during peak times.
The main duties will include:
- To assist in Centre achieving monthly membership targets
- Implementing effective sales processes.
- Interacting with the public, welcoming users of the facilities and dealing with membership enquiries
- Answering telephone enquiries and making calls to prospects and current members
- Ensuring all prospective members are toured around the facility and encouraged to take out centre membership
- Promoting the centre to users and non-users within the local community
- Organising and representing the association at outreach events
- Undertaking membership administration
- Work with the General Manager to create and promote the Centre’s programme and new activities
- Develop working partnership with Sales and Marketing team to maximise outreach possibilities and membership campaigns
- To deliver Customer Service and Sales training to staff.
- To work with the Reception team offering support, motivation and advice along the way.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Thursday 25th October by 3:00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.