Y:Body, Mind, Spirit Co-ordinator
Fixed term contract to: 31st March 2021
18.75 hours per week
£18,454 Per Annum/Pro Rata
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self esteem and potential in new ways.
As Y:BMS Co-ordinator you will contribute to the development of young people who are experiencing challenges with mental and emotional health through the delivery of a targeted support programme within the Lancaster District. Offering both one to one support and group activity sessions you will support young people to improve their mental, emotional and physical health and well-being, liaise with referral partners and provide additional support, advocacy and signposting where required.
The main duties will include:
- Delivery of mental, emotional and physical activity based targeted youth support programmes.
- To liaise with local agencies creating efficient referral pathways for young people to access provision and to ensure appropriate on-programme support as required.
- To process referrals from partner agencies, carry out initial needs based mental, emotional and physical health assessments and subsequently create tailor made programmes to meet the needs of individual young people and small groups.
- To plan, deliver and evaluate a range of weekly sport, physical activity and healthy
lifestyle sessions with children and young people.
- To deliver weekly one to one support, goal setting and reflection sessions with children and young people to track progress, identify further needs and evaluate sessions.
- To maintain daily records/case notes of contacts and work undertaken with children and young people for the purpose of evaluation.
- To develop and maintain monitoring records for all aspects of the work and to prepare monthly reports for the Service Manager, including statistical data, group and individual case-studies.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack on the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Thursday 8th November 2018 by 3.00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.