Sessional Youth Worker
Fixed term contract (Term time only)
2.5 hours per week
Up to 24 years – National Minimum Wage Rate of £7.38 / hour
25 years and over – National Living Wage Rate of £7.83 / hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self-esteem and potential in new ways.
The main duties will include: ~
- Be part of the delivery team which operationally delivers a Youth Club at St Andrews Church, Bolton.
- Work alongside Community Volunteers and support the process of their training and development
- Be involved in the planning, delivery and evaluation of a range of weekly outreach positive activity sessions that are young person led, innovative and creative and that supports their personal, social, cultural and spiritual potential
- Work one evening a week to meet the needs of an outreach project
- Build excellent relationships with children and young people through youth work, coaching and mentoring
- Support young people and raise awareness of current issues
- Attend weekly/monthly team meetings to discuss performance/progress to targets and spend against budget.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of the project.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
- The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures.
For an application pack on the above role, please e-mail [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Thursday 15th November 2018, by 3.00pm.