Credit Control Assistant
YMCA Head Office, St Annes
Part-Time – 20 Hours per week £ 8.83 per hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities.
We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
As a Credit Control Assistant you will process financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner. Your role will assist the operation of the finance team by collecting, checking and analysing financial information related to the accounts’ overall function focusing on credit control, and provide support for the central support team and the organisation.
The main duties will include:
1. Develop and maintain a good knowledge of the YMCAs processes and procedures and the accounting systems, across all subsidiary YMCAs for which YMCA Fylde Coast is responsible for credit control.
2. To monitor and assist with pursuing any outstanding debts to ensure these are kept to a minimum, and ensure all transactions are allocated correctly.
3. To create and maintain documents required to set a process for credit control which will be adhered to across the organisation, including letter templates, debtor reports, and guidelines for initial credit control.
4. Assist with allocation of income into the YMCA to ensure it is processed correctly on a daily basis.
5. Preparing and processing financial documents relating to credit control to be sent to the organisation on a regular basis, including debtor reports and listing income received.
6. Assist with performing financial audits of procedures to ensure all processes are followed correctly within the YMCA.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Thursday 22nd November 2018 by 3:00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.