Community Connector Coordinator
Annually:Salary: £24,000-£28,651 pro rata 21 hours per week
Region:North West and Cumbria Location:Blackpool Centre For Early Child Development – Blackpool
Department:Blackpool Centre of Early Child Development
Working Hours Per Week:21
Closing Date:6 December 2018
Blackpool Better Start is an exciting new partnership between the NSPCC, Blackpool Council, NHS health organisations in Blackpool, local parents and community organisations. We have been chosen as one of only five organisations in the UK to receive funding from the Big Lottery Fund of £45million over 10 years to realise our aim – to give every new baby in Blackpool a better start in life.
We have the vision, determination and resources to bring about significant change in Blackpool through Better Start. Engaging with professionals, families and communities to raise awareness and understanding of early child development and increase local engagement will be essential for the successful delivery of our unique programme.
The role of the coordinator is to supervise a small team of Health Community Connectors and be responsible for coordinating their workload and engagement strategies across the Better Start Wards.
We are looking for; a coordinator who has a relevant qualification in the field of community development and/or health with experience of supporting and supervising staff and be able to evidence a robust ability to coordinate action plans across multiple settings and key themes.
If you are organised, resourceful and creative individual who is passionate about improving outcomes for the most vulnerable families and babies in Blackpool now and for future generations with the ability to:
- Lead, manage, motivate, support and supervise the work of individuals, teams and projects.
- Engage with service users, involving them in planning, decision making and evaluation
- Effectively represent Better Start and the NSPCC externally to other child protection agencies and to supporters.
We would encourage you to apply now and help us to build a better future for children.
We welcome flexible working applications for this post.
Interviews for this role will take place on Thursday 13th December
- Policy on storage handling use retention and disposal of DBS PVG and Access NI disclosures_.pdf (227.92 KB)
- Recruitment of ex-offenders policy.pdf (268.33 KB)
- NSPCC Benefits.pdf (308.66 KB)
- Community Connector Coordinator CCx – Health Jan 2019.pdf (3.10 MB)