YMCA Sports Development
Part-Time – 25 hour per week £10.82 per hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities.
We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self esteem and potential in new ways.
We are seeking highly motivated sports coaches to deliver Community Sports Sessions in schools, nurseries and our YMCA centres. Candidates must have a recognised NGB Level 2 coaching certificate or above.
You will need exceptional face-to-face communication skills and an enthusiasm to work with children. You should be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team with customer service skills that can deliver exceptional results for our Sports Development department.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to help provide an inspirational journey that supports and develops individuals in and across the Fylde Coast.
Your main areas of responsibility will include: ~
- Planning and delivering high quality sports sessions
- Making sessions age appropriate with the emphasis being on fun
- Carrying out all activities in a safe manner
- Ensuring children are signed in and out of your care by parent/guardian
- To maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of all rooms, furniture and equipment.
- Producing accurate assessments and reports on the children/young people and the sessions
- Understanding the ethos of the YMCA
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
- The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures.
- Job Share will also be considered
For an application pack on the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Thursday 29th November 2018 by 3.00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.