We are delighted to announce that the Nationwide Building Society Community Grants programme is now open for applications in your area. Charities, Community Land Trusts and housing co-operatives can apply for grants of between £10,000 and £50,000 to make a change in your local area. The applications will be reviewed and voted on by a regional Community Board, made up of Nationwide members, colleagues and local housing charities. And it’s more than just money, the funded projects will also get community and volunteering support. Full set criteria and some top tips are available to download at the bottom of this webpage.
Examples of projects could include:
- Advice services to vulnerable individuals who are at risk of homelessness
- Meeting the housing needs of women who’ve been victims of domestic violence
- Helping individuals with tenancies, access to affordable housing and independent living
- Testing new ideas with residents to help improve local housing
- Frontline services that offer advice to rough sleepers
This fund is part of a national fund secuered by our umberalla organisation UKCF. It would be great if we could get as many applications as possible for our region. Would you be able to share this with your networks to encourage applications?
The deadline is the 7th December 2018. Applicants can apply but clicking on the following link: https://ukcf.secure.force.com/forms/forms/CF/Nationwide2018-Phase3-Application