Part-Time – 20 hours per week £8.83 per hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
As Duty Manager you will directly assist the General Manager in the daily operations of a busy leisure centre whilst working closely with the lifeguarding and fitness team around you to ensure the highest standards of customer service, cleanliness and health and safety are achieved at all times.
The main duties will include:
1. To comply with the Pool Safe Operating Procedures at all times.
2. To assist the General Manager with the daily running of the facility whilst overseeing the centre lifeguarding team.
3. To assist in the opening, closing and security of the facility as a registered keyholder.
4. To partake in daily banking and cashing up of centre tills whilst proactively investigating financial anomalies.
5. To report any maintenance issues using appropriate procedures upon finding them.
6. To attend regular lifeguard training sessions to ensure ongoing personal development and compliance of the requirements of the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
7. To effectively oversee centre operations in the absence of the General Manager.
8. To ensure the centre is maintained to the highest standards working closely with a lifeguarding team around you ensuring all daily cleaning and checks are completed.
9. To carry out daily pool testing and weekly backwashing if required ensuring optimum pool bathing conditions.
10. Weekend and evening work will be required.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Wednesday 16th January 2019 by 3.00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.