Senior Youth & Community Worker
Part-Time – 18 Hours per week £8.83 per hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
We are seeking an individual to contribute to the development of young people living in deprived areas across Lancaster through the delivery of our Y-Youth Project. The project will target children and young people ages 8-19 who are at risk of becoming involved in anti-social/ criminal behaviour, with an overall aim of raising aspirations and improving life chances. As a Senior Youth & community worker you will be responsible for supporting the Y-Youth coordinator in engaging young people through detached outreach work. You will help to plan/deliver activities & 1-2-1 sessions and also help to identify hot spot areas in and around Lancaster. As well as this you will also be responsible for accurately recording data and producing weekly monitoring and evaluation forms in order to track the progress of the project.
The main duties will include:
– To ensure effective delivery of the Y-Youth programme across The Lancaster Area.
– Support the development of Targeted Youth Support and risk-taking behaviour services across Lancaster and wider, as appropriate.
– The Delivery and planning of activity sessions.
– To recruit and engage with young people and encourage participation in the Y-Youth project.
– Build and maintain relationships with Children and young people through a range of youth work, coaching and mentoring skills.
– Build and maintain excellent relationships with both partners and people living within the community.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Friday 8th February 2019 by 9:00am. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.