Skate Park Outreach Worker
Part-Time – 6 Hours per week
Fixed Term: 19/03/19 to 31/07/20 £7.83 per hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
We are seeking two individuals to contribute to the development of disadvantaged young people through the delivery of a Youth Outreach Programme on the Skate park in Bolton Town Centre. Working as part of a team of outreach workers to deliver group activity sessions. You will support young people to improve their physical and emotional health and well-being, liaise with partner organisations and provide additional support, advocacy and signposting where required.
The main duties will include:
- Be part of the delivery team which operationally delivers the Y:Skate outreach project
- Work alongside Community Volunteers and support the process of their training and development
- Be involved in the planning, delivery and evaluation of a range of weekly outreach positive activity sessions on the skate park that are young person led, innovative and creative and that supports their personal, social, cultural and spiritual potential
- Work two evenings a week to meet the needs of an outreach project
- Build excellent relationships with children and young people through youth work, coaching and mentoring
- Support young people and raise awareness of current issues such as substance misuse and anti-social behaviour
- Continue to support and develop the skate park young people’s committee, offering them a platform for discussion.
- Attend weekly/monthly team meetings to discuss performance/progress to targets and spend against budget.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of the project.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Friday 1st March 2019 by 9:00am. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.