Part-Time – between 3-9 Hours per week £12.96 per hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
You will deliver swimming lessons in accordance with the YMCA school swimming programme enabling all individuals to participate and progress. To be successful in this role you should adhere at all times to standards of personal and professional behaviour which reflect a positive image of the YMCA.
You should have experience in delivering swimming lessons and hold an ASA Swimming Teachers Certificate Level 2.
The main duties will include:
- To create a supportive environment in which participants may improve their skills and enjoy swimming.
- To work as part of a team and actively seek and provide positive feedback from and to colleagues.
- To work with assistant teachers/volunteers giving guidance and advice.
- To be aware of any medical, psychological or special needs of the participants.
- To be responsible for the Health & Safety of course participants.
- To be set up, care for and put away course equipment.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Monday 4th March 2019 by 9:00am. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.