Holiday Activity Staff
As and When Required Easter holidays 4th -19th April 2019 Up to 24 years – National Minimum Wage Rate of £7.38 / hour
25 years and over – National Living Wage Rate of £7.83 / hour
YMCA Fylde Coast is a leading leisure provider across the North West region, whose mission is to change and enhance lives within the communities we work. We are seeking highly motivated Holiday Activity Staff to assist with running our holiday activity club.
You will need exceptional face-to-face communication skills and an enthusiasm to work with children. You should be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team with customer service skills that can deliver exceptional results for YMCA Thornton. This is an exciting opportunity for you to help provide an inspirational journey that supports and develops individuals in and across the Fylde Coast.
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self esteem and potential in new ways.
Based at Thornton Health and Fitness centre you will have the ability to work in a team as well as on your own. The successful candidates will be able to assist in the safe and effective delivery of activities to ensure (at all times) that the work undertaken is of the highest standard
Your main areas of responsibility will include: ~
- To supervise and run children’s activity sessions.
- Preparation of rooms so that all events and activities take place.
- Carry out all activities in a safe manner, with regard to children’s learning and welfare needs.
- Ensure children are signed in and out of your care by parent/guardian.
- To maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of all rooms, furniture and equipment.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- Flexible working environment including Work/Life and Family Friendly Policies.
- Leave Entitlement that increases with length of service.
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles.
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Tuesday 19th March 2019 by 9:00am.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage, if you have not been contacted within 5 days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not be successful on this occasion.