NCS Team Leader
5 Weeks Fixed-Term Contract
Full-Time – 37.5 Hours per week
Various start dates in July and August £1545 Fixed Payment (£309 per week)
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
National Citizen Service (NCS) is a government funded project designed to increase skills and employability for all 16-17 year olds. Managed by the NCS core staff team, the NCS Team Leaders are required to lead and motivate teams through this exciting summer programme. The programme, which runs for four weeks, combines physical and mental challenges and culminates in a community project. Week one and two are residential and staff will be required to stay away from home during this period (not including weekends). The third and final week are non-residential and will be based in the team’s local area (Fylde or Wyre ), where they will work within their local area to create and deliver a social action project to benefit their local community. Each young person who completes the programme will graduate. Staff will be required to commit to attending training prior to starting the programme as well as NCS graduation in September (this will be either a Saturday or Sunday).
The main duties will include:
- To supervise your team of young people with confidence and professionalism .
- To support your team to complete all activities on the first residential to provide pastoral care for young people away from home during the two residential.
- To ensure all young people behave in accordance with the agree team rules.
- To ensure the safety of all young people on your team (alongside your wave mentor)
- Guide young people within their team, through the design and delivery of social action.
- To support wave staff with administrative and monitoring data.
- Work effectively with all external providers to ensure the smooth operation of the programme.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Friday 15th March 2019 by 5:00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.