NCS – Assistant Team Leader
Fixed Term – 4 weeks
Full-Time 37.5 Hours
Various start dates in July and August
£1050 Fixed Payment
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
The National Citizen Service (NCS) is a national government funded project designed to increase skills and employability for all 16-17 year olds.
We are looking for enthusiastic, capable and engaging individuals who will provide additional support to teams on the NCS programme in summer from phase 2 (2nd residential week) through to graduation. These roles will work alongside the Co-ordinators & Team Leaders to support young people during activities, participating in various team projects and help to generate ideas and motivate young people. Managed by the Team Leaders, Assistants will be placed where needed and most appropriate during the programme.
The main duties will include:
- Provide additional support to Team Leaders during the programme
- Assist with a range of activities and sessions
- Participate in the supervision of young people alongside leaders with confidence and professionalism.
- Support Team leaders to guide young people within their team, through the design and delivery of social action.
- To support wave staff with administrative and monitoring data.
- To have an understanding of safeguarding and report any concerns.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Friday 15th March 2019 by 5:00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.