Led by research from University of Glasgow, Blackpool Better Start’s Community Conference delves into Blackpool’s vision for the community.
About this Event
Blackpool: The Town We Want
Presented by Blackpool Better Start & Headstart
Blackpool Better Start’s first Community Conference will be led by the University of Glasgow and delve into the town’s vision for the community; pulling together common themes from organisations such as Headstart, Fulfilling Lives, Blackpool Better Start and Public Health.
The event is open to those in Blackpool working on community projects and with members of the community.
Chaired by Neil Jack Chief Executive of Blackpool Council, the conference will include research and table top discussions, aiming to drive forwards ideas and themes that can be developed into ‘The Town We Want’:
- Introduction into Blackpool Better Start from Sharon Mather, Senior Development Manager in Community Development.
- Dr Sinead Gormally, senior lecturer in Community Development at University of Glasgow will discuss the value of Community Development followed by table top discussions.
- Presentation by Barry Knight – Author of Rethinking Poverty: What Makes a Good Society
- Baroness May Blood – Experiences of Early Years
- Pauline Wigglesworth will talk about Common Language for Community Resilience
- Summing up by Merle Davies, Director of the Centre for Early Child Development
Event held on Friday 22nd March 2019 at Blackpool Football Club.