Skate Park Assistant
As & When Required Up to 24 years – National Minimum Wage Rate of £7.70 / hour
25 years and over – National Living Wage Rate of £8.21 / hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
We are seeking highly motivated Skate Assistant to support the daily operation of AIR skate Park
You will need exceptional face-to-face communication skills and an enthusiasm to work with children. You should be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team with customer service skills that can deliver exceptional results for our AIR Skate department.
The main duties will include:
- Complete Parks health and safety checks
- Manage participant behaviour following skate park rules
- Mange hire equipment and cleanliness
- Supervise the park ensuring activities are carried out in a safe manner
- Ensuring children/ participants are signed in and out of park
- To maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of all rooms, furniture and equipment.
- Ensure sustainability and growth of the AIR Skate programme.
- Understanding the ethos of the YMCA
- To deal with reception duties including the management of money, customer service, telephone enquiries and social media updates
- Run supervised sessions and party hosting as required
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Wednesday 17th April 2019 by 9:00am. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.