YMCA Thornton As and When Required
Up to 24 years – National Minimum Wage Rate of £7.70 / hour
25 years and over – National Living Wage Rate of £8.21 / hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self esteem and potential in new ways.
We are seeking a pro-active; customer focused Recreational Assistant to assist with promoting our Centre and to improve our customer’s experience. You will need exceptional face-to-face communication skills. You should be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team with customer service skills that can deliver exceptional results for YMCA Thornton.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to help provide an inspirational journey that supports and develops individuals in and across the Fylde Coast.
Based at Thornton Health and Fitness centre you will have the ability to work in a team as well as on your own. To assist in the smooth and orderly running of the centre and to ensure at all times that the work undertaken is of the highest standard. You will be asked to work mornings, evening’s and weekends.
Your main areas of responsibility will include: ~
- Preparation of rooms so that all events, activities and classes take place.
- To maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of all rooms, furniture and equipment.
- To maintain a reasonable level of behaviour by members and users.
- To be polite, courteous and helpful to all users of the building.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- Flexible working environment including Work/Life and Family Friendly Policies
- Leave Entitlement that increases with length of service
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
- Job Share will also be considered
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected].
Closing date for the role is Tuesday 7th May 2019 . Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage, if you have not been contacted within 5 days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion