Location: Manchester Hall, 36 Bridge Street Manchester M3 3BT
Date: Thursday 27 June 2019
Time: 09:15 – 16:55
Prices: CFG members £139, non-members £169, plus we have an offer for additional places for just £99 each available to members and non-members.
Building greatness from challenging times
Charity Finance Group’s biggest conference in the north returns to Manchester this June. With Brexit a feature of uncertainty in the landscape, it’s crucial for financial managers in charities and non-profits to possess the latest knowledge to maintain a robust role, and keep growing and developing strategies at a challenging time for the sector.
CFG’s Northern Conference 2019 is the opportunity to find out the latest charity finance and sector news, and the regulatory and technical updates which you need to know. It also provides the space to take a step back and develop room for fresh thinking, as our speakers share best practice and ideas in strategy sessions.
The day is also a great chance for you to connect with your colleagues in the sector and share issues, as well as have your burning questions answered by the speakers. There will also be an exhibition running throughout the day so you can discuss your charity’s key issues with specialists.
Here’s a look at what we have lined up for the day so far –
- Building greatness from challenging times – Ricky Munday, Founder, Inspire Alpine
- 25 years of regulated charity accounting in the UK – Gareth Morgan, Senior Partner, Kubernesis
- Essential update on charity finance – Roberta Fusco, Director of Policy and Engagement, Charity Finance Group
- Cyber security – Mitigate against risk – Ryan Parker, Charity Account Manager, D E Ford
- Full cost recovery – New approaches to take – Marcus Lees-Millais, Cass Business School
- Influencing and negotiation skills workshop – Stella Smith, CEO, Stella Smith & Associates
And we have much more in store, including the latest developments on tax and VAT; understanding your income and funding base; how to measure fundraising successin your charity; how to build public trust through your reporting, and digital on a budget– maximising digital in your charity to work for your beneficiaries.
Who should come along to the CFG Northern Conference?
This event is open to members and non-members and will have valuable takeaways for those responsible for financial management in your charity, including financial managers, finance directors, CEOs and treasurers.