YMCA St Annes
Full-Time – 37.5 Hours per week £24,434 per annum
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
We have an amazing opportunity to offer the right individual the role of General Manager to oversee the day-to-day operation of St Annes YMCA to develop the centre by ensuring at all times this facility continues to run to a high standard whilst creating a warm and friendly environment; where all are made to feel welcome by creating and overseeing an exciting and varied programme for Adults and Juniors alike.
You will have the chance to increase and develop the business, helping to expand our established work across the local community.The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 3 years experience of managing/supervising staff ideally in a similar busy Sports/leisure Centre for a minimum of three years.
The main duties will include:
- Developing and maximising the participation and income of the centre’s fitness suite, class timetables, activities, programs and Harry’s soft play facility.
- Providing a strong customer sales focus.
- Managing the centre’s budgets and accounts whilst developing current and new income streams throughout all areas of the centre and driving efficiency throughout the operation.
- Working with all partners, schools and members of the community to ensure the centre meets the needs of the community.
- Ensuring the efficient conduct of the centre teams including management of human and financial resources and information management.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager and the organisations partners as required on all areas of the business.
- Ensuring effective operation and maintenance of the facility including achieving the building maintenance programmes.
- Supporting the Senior manager in the achievement of organisational aims and objectives.
- Supporting the daily operational teams in their daily duties as required.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Friday 31st May 2019 by 9:00am Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.