Part-Time – 17 hours per week £9.21 per hour
Fixed Term – 31st December 2019
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA. We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities.
We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
YMCA Housing works in collaboration with service users that are in crisis by enabling them to secure and maintain a safe place to stay. Positive emotional and mental health and wellbeing is fundamental to the growth and development of an individual, as such YMCA offers a holistic approach, supporting service users to better manage and improve their situation and to develop the confidence and skills to maintain independent living
The main duties will include:
1. Provide assistance and crisis support to service users outside of normal office hours, ensuring their health, wellbeing and security.
2. Control access to the scheme and monitor visitors to ensure the safety of service users.
3. Maintain the security of the scheme to ensure that the assets of the YMCA are safeguarded.
4. Ensure that staff presence is maintained at all times
5. Respond promptly and positively to any issues or incidents that arise, ensuring that these are fully documented on the YMCA associated paperwork.
6. Ensure that case notes are maintained and all contact with service users is documented.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- • 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- • Flexible working environment
- • Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- • An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Thursday 13th June 2019 by 9:00am. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.