Full-Time – 37.5 Hours per week Fixed Term: 01/06/19 to 31/08/20
£3.90 Per hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
You will be employed in a Finance Apprentice Assistant role and will study the Level 2 AAT qualification in the workplace to gain the underpinning skills and knowledge required to operate effectively in the role.
The work based qualification combines competence and theoretical knowledge to give learners the practical competence, skills and sector related knowledge to undertake the job.
As a Finance Apprentice you will process financial transactions in Sage in an accurate and timely manner. Your role will assist the finance team by collecting, checking and analysing financial information related to the accounts’ overall function, and provide support for the organisation.
The main duties will include:
- • Develop and maintain a good knowledge of the YMCAs processes and procedures and the accounting/recording systems, and use various accounting applications to record and maintain the accounting requirements of the Company.
- • Assisting with the preparation of accounts and with accuracy and timely processing within the required deadlines
- • Receiving and processing sales and purchase invoices, and performing appropriate arithmetic calculations.
- • Preparing and processing financial documents including, but not limited to, purchase orders, invoices, cheque requests, manual cheques, petty cash requests and BACS requests.
- • Reconcile appropriate ledgers/accounts and assists with the completion of monthly and yearly reports.
- • Maintain a professional approach at all times including all calls to colleagues etc., and provide an accounting support service to internal and external customers in a professional and efficient manner.
- • Prepare and send invoices using Plus 2.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- • 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- • Flexible working environment
- • Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- • An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Friday 14th June 2019 by 9:00am. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.