Part-Time – 20 Hours Per week
Up to 24 years – National Minimum Wage Rate of £7.70 / hour 25 years and over – National Living Wage Rate of £8.21 / hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s livesand therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
As Fitness Instructor you will hold a relevant level 2 qualification. You will have previous experience of working in a busy fitness environment & will have work within the ethos of the Fylde Coast YMCA.
The main duties will include:
- Deliver a high standard, quality service in the above discipline.
- Ensure professional standards are maintained and developed.
- Educate and instruct customers on correct technique and proper form.
- Support members in achieving their fitness goals through appointments, programming and
- To ensure fitness qualifications remain up to date and materials used are approved by your
registered qualification, look to upskill as required
- To ensure the health and safety of all members and participants.
- Provide good housekeeping service to maintain the cleanliness of the fitness suite
- To work with colleagues to bring in new ideas for member retention
- To deliver small group training on the gym floor through classes.
- To be an enthusiastic, outgoing team member
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
Closing date for the role is Wednesday 28th August 2019 by 9:00am. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.