Full-Time- 37.5 Hours per week £9.21 per hour
Fixed Term to: 29/02/2020
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and thereforecommunities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
We are looking to recruit a Housing Support Worker to be work within the Supported Housing scheme. The successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for providing housing management support to service users of the scheme to ensure they have the relevant information and support to successfully manage their accommodation.
The position will include evening and weekend work, a flexible approach is essential.
Previous administration experience is essential for this position. Applicants should be educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
The main duties will include:
- To complete sign-ups with service users commencing the service, including full induction and application for Housing Benefit.
- Support service users to effectively manage their rent accounts, ensuring that housing benefit entitlement is secured.
- Be responsible for conducting weekly accommodation checks with service users and reporting and managing repairs to the accommodation.
- Support service users to develop understanding of their rights and responsibilities in a Tenancy and develop skills to effectively manage their accommodation.
- Monitor and update application process to ensure that applicants and service users are informed about the service and their responsibilities for the accommodation.
Be responsible for the sale of tokens to service users and correct financial reporting To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
Closing date for the role is Wednesday 28th August 2019 by 9:00am. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.