ABI Solutions are proud to present this one day Masterclass with the world renowned Professor Barbara Wilson OBE on 14th November in London.
This Masterclass which is kindly sponsored by High View Care Services presents an opportunity for delegates to gain intensive knowledge from Barbara who has worked as a Clinical Neuropsychologist in brain injury rehabilitation for over 40 years.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- have a deeper understanding of the cognitive, emotional and psychosocial consequences of brain injury.
- gain an increased awareness into the overlap between cognition, emotion and behaviour
- be informed of the neuropsychological and functional assessment procedures used to determine the problems of people with brain injury.
- gain an insight into the restitution versus compensation debate
- acquire a greater understanding of the different ways of managing memory, executive, attentional, visuospatial and visuoperceptual disorders
- be able to debate the advantages and disadvantages of group versus individual therapy
- be able to structure a treatment programme
- show awareness of the evidence supporting the efficacy of cognitive rehabilitation
Please find the programme attached.
Places are strictly limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
This course will be accredited by both APIL and the CPD Service.