Full-Time – 37.5 Hours per week £18,454 per annum
Fixed Term to 31/11/2021
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
We are seeking an individual to contribute to the development of young people living in deprived areas across Lancaster through the delivery of our Y-Youth Project. The project will target children and young people ages 8-19 who are at risk of becoming involved in anti-social/ criminal behaviour, with an overall aim of raising aspirations and improving life chances. As the Project Co-ordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating the planning, delivery and evaluation of the detached outreach project.
The main duties will include:
- To ensure effective delivery of the Y-Youth programme across The Lancaster Area.
- Support the development of Targeted Youth Support and risk-taking behaviour services across Lancaster and wider, as appropriate.
- Coordinate the planning, delivery and evaluation of a programme of detached outreach within deprived communities.
- To recruit and engage with young people and encourage participation in the Y-Youth project.
- Build and maintain relationships with Children and young people through a range of youth work, coaching and mentoring skills. Build and maintain excellent relationships with both partners and people living within the community.
- Deliver/ plan delivery of individual support sessions for children and young people.
- Support children and young people to gain a range of positive outcomes which are beneficial to them and their development
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please visit https://www.ymca-fyldecoast.org/work-with-us/ Completed applicant forms should be returned to [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Tuesday 1st October 2019 by 3:00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.