As and When Required – Fixed Term: 21/10/19 to 25/10/19 (training week commencing 14.10.19 as required)
Up to 24 years – National Minimum Wage Rate of £7.70 / hour 25 years and over – National Living Wage Rate of £8.21 / hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
Based at Thornton Health and Fitness centre you will have the ability to work in a team as well as on your own. The successful candidates will be able to assist in the safe and effective delivery of activities to children attending the holiday club, ensuring at all times that the work undertaken is of the highest standard.
Your main areas of responsibility will include:
- To supervise and run children’s activity sessions.
- Preparation of rooms so that all events and activities take place.
- Carry out all activities in a safe manner, with regard to children’s learning and welfare needs.
- Ensure children are signed in and out of your care by parent/guardian.
- To maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of all rooms, furniture and equipment.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please visit