Level 2 Swimming Teacher YMCA Kirkham
Part-Time – 2 hours per fortnight Sunday afternoon
£12.96 per hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
The hours for this role are on a Sunday afternoon working with the Fylde Sharks Disability Swimming Group. You will deliver swimming lessons in accordance with the YMCA programme whilst following Swim England’s learn to swim pathway, enabling all individuals to participate and progress. To be successful in this role you should always adhere to high standards of personal and professional behaviour which reflect a positive image of the YMCA.
You should have experience in delivering swimming lessons and hold an ASA Swimming Teachers Certificate Level 2 (current). The main duties will include:
- To create a supportive environment in which participants may improve their skills and enjoy swimming.
- To be responsible for the Health & Safety of course participants.
- To be set up, care for and put away course equipment.
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all sessions, keeping a register of attendance and accurate
records of participants’ progress.
- In consultation with the lesson coordinator, help place and move children according to ability,
into appropriate classes and prepare the necessary paperwork. To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please visit
Completed applicant forms should be returned to [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Thursday 24th October at 3.00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.