YMCA Supported Housing Full-Time – 37.5 Hours per week
Fixed-Term until 31/08/2020 £9.21 per hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
YMCA Housing works in collaboration with service users that are in crisis by enabling them to secure and maintain a safe place to stay. Positive emotional and mental health and wellbeing is fundamental to the growth and development of an individual, as such YMCA offers a holistic approach, supporting service users to better manage and improve their situation and to develop the confidence and skills to maintain independent living.
To support service users, with complex and varied support needs, to develop the skills to live independently, and ensure a successful transition to independent living. To maintain the safety and security of the scheme, including general housekeeping.
Main duties will include;
- To conduct initial interviews and assessments of applicants to the scheme.
- To conduct comprehensive Risk Assessments and Risk Management Plans with applicants and service users.
- To engage and empower service users to complete initial self-assessment of needs, including barriers and aspirations, which will form the basis of their individual support plans.
- To engage service users to attend support sessions to develop skills in individual areas as defined within self-assessment of needs and support plans.
- Support service users to engage in formal and informal learning opportunities.
- Support service users to engage in and achieve external qualifications and learning opportunities.
Due to Safeguarding requirements as the successful applicant will be working with vulnerable service users under the age of 18 years old, the successful applicant will be over the age of 21 years old
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please visit
Completed applicant forms should be returned to [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Monday 20th January 2020 at 9:00am. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.