Full-Time – 37.5 hours per week
£18,915 per annum
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to
reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives
and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities,
opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means
helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their
Working in the YMCA Lakeside maintenance team, providing site support both reactively and through a
planned preventative maintenance system. You will be responsible for carrying out building
maintenance repairs such as joinery work, plumbing, minor building works and other general repair
The main duties will include:
• To work to a Planned Preventative Maintenance System across YMCA Lakeside
• To carry out unplanned remedial works efficiently across a multi-site operation.
• To use all Information Technology effectively, such as Microsoft office and maintenance
• To plan and work out quantities of material required before undertaking works.
• To prepare job estimates
• To undertake and complete all types of maintenance work both inside and outside.
To the successful candidate we offer:
• 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
• Flexible working environment
• Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
• An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast
equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
Closing date for the role is Thursday 20th February 2020 by 9:00am. Applications submitted
and/or received after this time will not be considered.