Part-Time – 18 hours per week – weekends
Up to 24 years – National Minimum Wage Rate of £7.70 / hour
25 years and over – National Living Wage Rate of £8.21 / hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to
reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and
therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening
doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping
children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full
To provide high quality hygiene and cleanliness to all areas of YMCA Lakeside, with the key aim to
maintain excellent standards and an orderly condition. To work unsupervised.
The main duties will include:
• Work as part of the house team under the direction of the Head Housekeeper/Operations Services
• Carry out general cleaning duties, preparation and changeover of client accommodation
• Clean facilities, public areas and meeting rooms as required, maintaining a high standard of
• Report any damage to soft furnishings, paint work etc. to Maintenance/Operations Services Manager
• Assist in cleaning and preparation of staff accommodation
• Report any equipment replacement requirement i.e. light bulbs etc. to Maintenance Team
• To assist with general maintenance of public and staff areas, with regard to soft furnishings etc.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements of the job and the Centre as indicated by the Centre
Policies and Procedures. Read and accept all risk assessments of equipment
To the successful candidate we offer:
• 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
• Flexible working environment
• Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
• An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast
equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
Closing date for the role is Thursday 5th March 2020 by 3:00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates
who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days of the closing
date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.