Targeted Youth Worker
Part-Time – 14 hours per week
Fixed-Term – until 31/01/2022
Up to 24 years – National Minimum Wage Rate of £7.70 / hour
25 years and over – National Living Wage Rate of £8.21 / hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to
reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives
and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities,
opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means
helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their
We are seeking an individual to contribute to the development of young people living in deprived areas
across Lancaster through the delivery of our Y-Youth Project. The project will target children and young
people between ages 8-19 who are at risk of becoming involved in anti-social/ behaviour, with an
overall aim of raising aspirations and improving life chances. As a Youth worker on the Y-Youth project
you will be involved in the delivery of targeted youth work, outreach work in the surrounding area and
fun active sessions. As well as this you will assist the project co-ordinator in the evaluation of weekly
sessions and will be required to work alongside Community Volunteers and support the process of their
training and development.
The main duties will include:
• To ensure effective delivery of the Y-Youth programme across The Lancaster Area.
• Support the development of Targeted Youth Support and risk-taking behaviour services across
Lancaster and wider, as appropriate.
• The Delivery and planning of activity sessions.
• To recruit and engage with young people and encourage participation in the Y-Youth project.
• Build and maintain relationships with Children and young people through a range of youth
work, coaching and mentoring skills.
To the successful candidate we offer:
• 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
• Flexible working environment
• Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
• An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast
equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please visit https://www.ymca-fyldecoast.org/work-with-us/
Completed applicant forms should be returned to [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Tuesday 17th March by 9:00am. Applications submitted and/or
received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact
candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days
of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.