Thank you for all the information you sent through regarding local hubs and council organised support. This has been collated so that my staff team can refer into the groups. There is so much amazing work going on! We effectively have a new front line service that didn’t exist before, or certainly not at this level.
We want to ensure that veterans and their families are still being supported and referred into us during this time. We’re still here, providing support and advice – the only thing we are doing differently is that we are not doing home visits as we would usual do.
Please could you pass this email onto the groups you know of, council-led or otherwise, so that they are aware of the support we can give if they meet someone from the Armed Forces Community.
Who we are: The Royal British Legion
Who we work with: The Armed Forces Community. This includes:
- Veterans (those who have served in regular or reserve armed forces)
- Partners, spouses, widow(ers) of veterans
- Dependent children
What we do:
- Information, advice and guidance
- General support
- Housing support
- Debt and money advice and support
- Independent living support
- Telephone Buddies
- and if we don’t provide a specific service, we work with a local and national network of partners who do.
How to Refer In:
- When someone uses your service, ask the question: “Have you, or your spouse or partner served in the Regular or Reserve Armed Forces?”
- Call, or ask them to call us, on 0808 8028080. It’s a national contact centre, but our support team are local staff.
Staff or volunteers in the groups can also contact me direct on this email or on [email protected] if they have a query about our support or how we may help.
Many thanks and stay safe.
Please note that we are still supporting our veterans and their families during this time, however our offices are closed. Referrals should be made to 0808 8028080 and general queries to [email protected]