YMCA Supported Housing
Full-Time – 37.5 Hours Per Week
£9.21 per hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to
reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives
and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities,
opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means
helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their
We are looking to recruit a Housing Support Worker to be work within the Supported Housing scheme.
The successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for providing housing management
support to service users of the scheme to ensure they have the relevant information and support to
successfully manage their accommodation.
The position will include evening and weekend work, a flexible approach is essential.
Previous administration experience is essential for this position. Applicants should be educated to NVQ
Level 3 or equivalent.
The main duties will include:
• To conduct initial interviews and assessments of applicants to the scheme.
• To conduct comprehensive Risk Assessments and Risk Management Plans with applicants
and service users.
• To engage and empower service users to complete initial self-assessment of needs, including
barriers and aspirations, which will form the basis of their individual support plans.
• To engage service users to attend support sessions to develop skills in individual areas as
defined within self-assessment of needs and support plans.
• Support service users to engage in formal and informal learning opportunities.
• Support service users to engage in and achieve external qualifications and learning
To the successful candidate we offer:
• 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
• Flexible working environment
• Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
• An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast
equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please visit https://www.ymca-fyldecoast.org/work-with-us/
Completed applicant forms should be returned to [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Monday 5th October 2020 by 12noon. Applications submitted and/or
received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact
candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days
of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.