Full-Time – 37.5 hours per week
Up to 24 years – National Minimum Wage Rate of £8.20 / hour 25 years and over – National Living Wage Rate of £8.72 / hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors, and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people, and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
We are looking for a pro-active; customer focused Centre Operative to assist with promoting our Centre and to improve our customer’s experience. Based at Thornton Health and Fitness centre you will have the ability to work in a team as well as on your own. To assist in the smooth and orderly running of the centre and to ensure at all times that the work undertaken is of the highest standard. You will be asked to work mornings, evenings, and weekends on a rota system.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to help provide an inspirational journey that supports and develops individuals in and across the Fylde Coast.
The main duties will include:
- Maintain a high profile `shop floor` presence and a high level of interaction with fellow staff and customers.
- To assist on Reception as required and/or carry out duties of other members of staff as necessary, e.g. cover for breaks, holiday, sickness etc.
- To ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, and Fylde Coast YMCA’s Health and Safety procedures.
- To be responsible at all times for security of the building and its contents.
- To identify and report maintenance requirements for equipment or premises to the Supervisor / General Manager.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please visit https://www.ymca-fyldecoast.org/work-with-us/ Completed applicant forms should be returned to [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Friday 23rd October 2020 by 12:00noon. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.