How can you help? Take part in a sponsored activity! Ultimately, we would love 100 children to take part and this will raise £1,500 this would give Home-Start enough money to support a family for one whole year Imagine that?! Everyone involved (Charity Registration No. 1124945)
So, what do Home-Start BFW do? Home-Start is a local charity that help parents and children, just like you, when they need a helping hand.
It might be that a child needs an extra bit of support to learn, or the parents need some extra support with their toddlers.
If you want to read more, here is our website: https://homestartbfw.org.uk/
So, why do we do it? Many families are running on empty and the pandemic has been super tough on those already struggling. Just like school moving to home schooling temporarily, We have moved our important services on-line to continue our support and stay connected with families.
On a positive note, we have seen communities coming together and we want to keep the spirit of helping each other alive by encouraging everyone to get involved in our fundraising campaign Can you be our Hero?
How can you help? Take part in a sponsored activity!
Ultimately, we would love 100 children to take part and this will raise £1,500 this would give Home-Start enough money to support a family for one whole year Imagine that?!
Everyone involved will be given a Be a Home-Start Hero certificate as a thank you from us!!!
We will even place a photo of you on our social media taking part if your parents are happy to send us a photo.
We have some ideas of what you can do, and ask your friends and family to sponsor you but you can make up your own sponsored event if you like!
- Walk 1500 steps a day for 15 days – Find a route that you can walk with your family, or just track your daily steps! You choose!
- Read 1500 words a day for 15 days – Find your favourite book, get comfy and read 1500 words a day over 15 days this will be 22,500 so could be half a novel you choose!
- The 1500 Olympics – Take part in a mini Olympic event individually, with your family or with your classmates via zoom or in school now they are starting to open their doors!
- 1500 star jumps over a set time -You can do this individually or as a family to add up to 150 a day get mum and dad involved and jump together!!! You choose!
- 150 keepie uppies with a football – Are you part of a football team? Together you could achieve a target of 1500 in total for us or, individually you could aim for 150 in total you choose!
Taking part in this fundraising activity will mega-boost your energy levels, turbo-boost your mental health and super-charge the charities smile more than they have ever smiled before so thank you!
Oh, and wearing a cape is not essential!!!!!
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
1. Email us to pledge your Super Hero commitment to Home-Start base: [email protected]
2. Plan your activity
3. Tell your friends and family and ask if they can sponsor you, remember every penny counts!
4. Complete your activity and feel free to send us a picture
5. Deliver your well earnt sponsorship money to our fundraising page
6. Email us to tell us your completed activity and we will email your Be a Home-Start Hero certificate to you!