|IMO Charity is a community based not for profit charity in the heart of the Blackburn with Darwen community. Our over-riding aim is to help young people and their families to overcome challenges, wherever they may come from and to help them fulfil their potential in life.
As a local community engagement/development charity, the charity’s priorities are to work with BAME and new communities (refugees, asylum seekers and European communities) and focuses on three key areas; Education and Employability, Health and Wellbeing and Physical Activity and Community Development.
We are looking to recruit an Engagement Officer for our new project called We R One! The opportunity:
- Shape, develop and evolve the organisations Refugees & Asylum work.
- Identify, develop and deliver on opportunities to make a difference to our We R One project.
- Build successful partnerships and networks with local and national stakeholders around Refugees & Asylum work.
- Represent the IMO Charity to principal stakeholders at local and regional Refugees & Asylum forums.
- Implementation of IMO projects that fit with local need.
- Enthusiastic, pragmatic, determined and results driven.
- Able to think strategically, act decisively and with the skills to embed excellent practice within the organisation and deliver an exceptional service to our clients and partner organisations.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills to inspire Refugees & Asylum communities.
- Proven experience of delivering community projects.
- Resilient, adaptable and able to work well under pressure.
- Experience of working with Refugee & Asylum communities.
- Salary £19,240 – £23,088 dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- You will be expected to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- 25 days’ annual leave plus normal 8 bank holidays (Pro-rata).
- Fixed Term contract (Subject to further funding).
- The opportunity to contribute to a changing organisation and develop the Refugees & Asylum work.
The vacancy documents can be viewed on our website at: http://www.imocharity.org/jobs
You MUST read through the above documents before applying as this contains the person specification.
Please share with all your contacts.