As and When Required
Meets National Minimum Wage requirements
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment, and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self esteem and potential in new ways.
We are seeking a pro-active; customer focused Centre Operative to assist with promoting our Centre and to improve our customer’s experience. You will need a current NPLQ qualification and exceptional face-to-face communication skills. You should be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team with customer service skills that can deliver exceptional results for YMCA Fleetwood.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to help provide an inspirational journey that supports and develops individuals in and across the Fylde Coast.
Based at YMCA Fleetwood you will have the ability to work in a team as well as on your own. To assist in the smooth and orderly running of the centre and to ensure at all times that the work undertaken is of the highest standard. You will be asked to work mornings, evenings, and weekends on a rota system.
Your main areas of responsibility will include:
- Preparation of rooms so that all events, activities, and classes take place.
- Lifeguarding public swimming, swimming lessons, and any other sessions as required.
- To maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of all rooms, furniture, and equipment.
- To maintain a reasonable level of behaviour by members and users.
- To be polite, courteous, and helpful to all users of the building.
- To work on reception as required.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- Flexible working environment including Work/Life and Family Friendly Policies
- Leave entitlement that increases with length of service
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles.
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role.
- Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please visit https://www.ymca-fyldecoast.org/work-with-us/
Completed applicant forms should be returned to [email protected]
Closing date for the role is Thursday 03rd June at 5pm.
Applications received after this date and time will not be considered.